My latest food obsession has been Ginger. And honestly there is nothing quite better; fiery, sweet and packed with great benefits for your mind and body so I decided to make these cupcakes for a friend to make her feel better and she loved them. Fluffy and delicious, these are easy and vegan.
- 125 g of self rising flour
- 125 g of sunflower oil
- 125 g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (or any other substitute milk of your choice)
- 2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Ginger nut biscuits (optional for crust)
- Heat your oven to about 190’c and prepare your baking tray and cupcakes cases.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar, sunflower oil, baking powder, together in a bowl.
- Then add the agave nectar, ginger, and the milk.
- Feel free to add more milk until you get the smooth consistency of your choice.
- Spoon out your mixture into the cupcake cases (Tip-using an ice cream scoop will make things easy and ensure you have an even bake )
- Crush the biscuits using a rolling-pin and sprinkle then on top the cakes.
- Place the cupcakes in the oven for 20 mins or until they are golden brown ( Tip- place a knife into the cakes and if it comes out clean the cakes are cooked throughout.
- Leave them to cool and enjoy.