So I’ve recently decided that I’m going to be vegan, as a result I am forced to really change my thinking about food. So I’ve been working on my cooking and baking skills as well as exploring new yummy vegan recipes.
I do love a hearty burger but after I have eaten I never fail to feel super sluggish. These vegan burgers are packed with flavour and are so filling but, with all the high fiber and iron goodness of lentils.
- Lentils 3/4 cup
- Water 1 3/4 cups
- Breadcrumbs 1 cup
- Olive oil 1tbs
- Black pepper
- Chili powder 1 tbs
- Garlic powder 2 teaspoon
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried thyme 1 teaspoon
- Dried basil 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg (pinch)
- Onion powder 2 teaspoon
- Rinse and clean your lentils and add water to a pan. Bring to boil and continue to cook the lentils till they are soft.
- Now that they are soft drain your lentils and place in a medium size bowl. Then using a potato masher, mash the lentils till they are of a mush constituency.
- Now just add all your dry ingredients and the olive oil and mix well.
- Begin to form your burger patty’s to any size you desire.
- Place on plate and store in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hr.
- Now that the burgers are firm heat up a pan with any cooking oil of choice and begin to grill your burgers till they have a nice brown sear each side
- Pair with any bun (or lettuce if you want to cut down on the carbs.)
- Add your favorite burger toppings and sauces and enjoy x
Comment below with your favourite vegan recipes and tips x