Ok so Im black but its not a novelty and sometimes people just ask the most annoying questions and quite frankly i’ve had it.
- Yes my hair is fluffy, kinky and curly and different to yours but please don’t call it clouds and touch it.
- If I have short hair one day and box braids down to my bum their extensions and it most definitely didn’t grow that fast.
- No I don’t wash my hair every day, don’t be so shocked my hair is not designed for that.
- Yes I have to warp my hair up at night.
- No I do not talk like a white girl pigmentation is not accent or idiolect
- Being educated and not using slang doesn’t make me a Oreo or coconut or whatever nonsense you want to call me and discredit my blackness with.
- Don’t ask me if I can twerk.
- Yes i’m sassy and what!
- ‘You’re not like other black girls’ is not a compliment.
- My ethnicity is not a fetish.
- I speak african as Africa is not a country but a continent made up 53 (mainland and islands) thus there is not one singular language.
- Yes I can get a tan when i’m out in the sun.