Crack out the champagne and pop the confetti I have just been nominated for my first ever blog award and I’m so over the moon
The Liebster Award is a blogging award for new bloggers to help get them the recognition and followers they deserve. The Liebster Award has German origins. The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend. It aims to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. Bloggers award other bloggers.
So a HUGE massive thanks to Write out of the darkness blogger Terri for nominating me out of the blue. As a new blogger this really meant a lot to feel appreciated for my efforts so thank you, thank you and thank you again!
Make sure you check out her blog it’s really awesome, very poetic and inspiring so make sure click on the blog http://writeoutofthedarkness.wordpress.com/
As part of the award I have to write 11 facts about me, answer 11 questions from my nominee and in my next post I will nominate my own 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions of my own
11 facts about me
- I have a selective nut allergy the older I get the less nuts I am allergic to
- I have never seen star trek nor do I want to
- I have to always sleep with my bedroom door completely closed at all times
- My favourite movie of all time is probably Lion King I’ve seen it over 300 times and have watched the musical, I still cry every time Mufasa dies and when anyone ever tells me they have never seen it
- Salty and Sweet is probably my favourite flavour of all time
- They only pet I have ever owned was a goldfish who died because I over fed it and I desperately want a dog preferably a King Charles spaniel
- I used to think that if you chewed grass long enough it would turn into milk and that was why cows chewed milk
- I wanted to be an actor and then a teacher before I decided that I wanted to get into international relations and politics
- I hate Coke, Pepsi and Dr Pepper in fact I dislike most fizzy drinks unless it Ginger beer or Sprite and I still only have no more than one a month
- I have 100% attendance for all my educated life ( i’m 17 and from London just so you know) and have only missed 2 days of school once when I was recovering from chicken pox over a holiday and once when I was ill vomiting
- I share the same birthday as the fascist dictator Mussolini – not that I’m proud of it but it thought I would put it out there
So here are the questions that Terri from Write out of darkness asked me
1. How are you, really?
Well this is a pretty deep question so I’m going to answer this without getting too into my state of mind. I am really an outgoing, impulsive person, I like new and exciting things and get bored very easily. I have no volume control and love to argue and sass people which is why libraries aren’t my favourite place to be. Deep down I’m probably more shy and timid than people think I tend to hide it away by being over loud and confident. I hate being vulnerable (but who really does) and so often do not express thing to people as much as should and that’s the one thing I’m always working. I’m probably the most loving person you will meet not to sound cocky but I love hard and little too much which sometimes ends up hurting me but always makes me a great friend.
2. What is your favourite part about today so far?
My favourite part about today so far has been have my little dancing session (or one man party in my room), it’s really the only time in the day where I really let loose and forget about everything around me and just listen to some really good tunes.
3. What is your favourite joke?
Teacher: “Anyone who thinks he’s stupid may stand up!”
*Nobody stands up*
Teacher: “Im sure there are some stupid students over here!!”
*Little Johnny stands up*
Teacher: “Ohh, Johnny you think you’re stupid?”
Little Johnny: “No… i just feel bad that you’re standing alone…”
4. What is the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
Once on a group Skype call me and 3 other friends decided to mute are mics so that our friend would think she was going crazy ,we managed to pull this off for a good 10 mins and it was the funniest thing to see her scramble in confusion as she could see us moving and speaking but no sound coming out.
5. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now and why?
I think teaching is one of the most undervalued careers ever. We give them major slack and they are badly paid but they have one of the most important jobs as they educated the next generation they make the leaders, doctors and changers of our world. Yes our education system is messed up but it doesn’t deny them the fact that they have to put up with a lot on a daily basis. I for one think they should have a lot more credit than people give them for its not the easiest thing to do especially when your low paid and in tough circumstances. It requires passion and patience and a real love of learning and I feel that they should most definitely get more credit that they deserve.
6. How do you feel about public speaking?
I love public speaking, I study drama and I have dome many speeches including take part in the Jack Petchey speak out challenge and being a regional finalist, my personal view is that public speaking is an essential skill to have not only does it you a chance to express your views in an exciting platform but also is a great way to give you confidence and home in on to the essentials of how to speak eloquently nothing compares to the fear and nerves you have the second before your about to speak but its the most amazing feeling making successful speech.
7. What is the first thing you notice about people?
I notice what they are wearing – that might sound superficial but someone sense of style really tells a lot about a person- the hair colour, the accessories,the way they wear their jumper can all be very telling about someone.
8. When you open someone’s blog for the first time, what makes you keep reading?
An alternative point of view that really challenges to put your own views and beliefs into question.
9. What is your blogging pet peeve? (And you better not say awards…. just kidding. If it is, you can say it.)
When people comment on your grammar. Yes writing well is important but at the same time no one hired you to be the grammar police give it rest and focus more on the content pleaseeeeeeee.
10. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
This is hard one there are so many amazing people I would love to meet but if I had to choose one I would probably chose JFK, to me his life both personal and professional still remained at large a mystery. To me there seems like there is so much more to the man. I would just love to pick his brain to see what he was really like. What went though his head when he made all his decisions such as almost bringing us the brink of a nuclear war? How was he like as a husband? He lived at such important time when the world we know was ever-changing and I would like to know what it was all really like.
11. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Most proud accomplishment was my college body confidence campaign, it was the first time I really threw my self into a social campaign and ran and organised it all on my own. It was really succesful and it was one of the first time a I generally felt like I achieved some real good in the world. It’s an issue that faces many youngsters like me but something we don’t really talk about and often blame in just on the beauty and media industry, but really its something we all need to think about within our selves. So whilst doing the campaign I really learnt a lot about my self and realised that social justice issue won’t get solved by them selves its up to us to get involved, spread the word and do something about it.
Stay tuned to see the second part of my award post where I will nominate and ask possibly you for your chance to involved in the Liebster award x